Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- No diesel for Jeep’s Euro-focused city SUV - Jeep is to begin phasing out diesel engines from 2020, with its forthcoming Europe-focused sub-Renegade SUV set to launch with only petrol or alternative drivetrains in ... Read More »
- Manchester urged to expedite clean air zones and workplace parking levy - Cutting air quality pollution in Greater Manchester will require a clean air zone and workplace parking levy to go live in the next 12 months, with ... Read More »
- DVSA presses for UK Mercedes recall - Mercedes-Benz UK is being urged to push ahead with a recall on some models following allegations of ‘defeat devices’. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- WLTP ‘limbo’ prompting fleets to extend contracts - Uncertainty over how the new WLTP fuel consumption and emissions test will impact company car taxation is leading some large fleets to extend leasing contracts, according ... Read More »
- Calling cars ‘autonomous’ is putting drivers at risk - Carmakers should stop misleading drivers by using ‘autonomous’ terms for technology that still requires driver involvement. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Masternaut restructure puts the focus on real-time data - Telematics and fleet management company, Masternaut, is re-shaping its operations to focus on software rather than hardware, aimed at helping businesses and Governments better utilise fleets’ ... Read More »
- David Rawlings to retire from fleet industry - Fleet finance expert David Rawlings is to retire after more than 30 years in the industry. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- FCA partners with LeasePlan to enhance SME focus - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has teamed up with LeasePlan as it drives its services to fleets, including SMEs, within its European dealer network. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.