Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Fleets offered mental health resources to bring vital support for drivers - A new government-backed campaign has launched to tackle the issue of mental health among those who drive for work. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Richard Schooling to depart from Alphabet International - Former Alphabet GB CEO Richard Schooling is leaving Alphabet International at the end of 2020. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- 2030 ban on new diesel and petrol cars elicits wide-ranging responses - The Prime Minister’s confirmation that the UK will implement a 2030 ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars – but with some hybrids ... Read More »
- FCA to trial new smart charging tech for Fiat 500 EV - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is to trial a new smart charging system that could cut grid demand and reduce bills for customers of its new Fiat ... Read More »
- PM confirms ban on new petrol and diesel cars and vans from 2030 - The Prime Minister has officially announced that sales of new petrol and diesel cars and vans will be banned by 2030 – but sales of hybrid ... Read More »
- One in five UK drivers have driven at 100mph+ on UK roads - The “grossly excessive” speeds of some drivers have been revealed in new figures published by Brake for Road Safety Week. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- New Ford Kuga Hybrid brings diesel-rivalling fuel efficiency and range - Ford has launched a full hybrid version of its Kuga SUV, providing fuel efficiency and driving range to rival diesel models. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- SEAT wins biggest-ever fleet order - SEAT is to supply more than 700 Ibiza FR models to M Group Services, marking the carmaker’s biggest-ever fleet order. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- New mobility provider focuses on ultra-flexible leasing - A new mobility provider promising ultra-flexible leasing for fleets is launching in the UK. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- ALD reveals ‘Move 25’ five-year strategic plan - ALD has set out its ‘Move 25’ five-year strategic plan, which sets out ambitious growth targets, including to become a fully integrated sustainable mobility provider and ... Read More »
- Road pricing back on agenda to plug EV budget shortfall - Motorists could face a per-mile charge on Britain’s road to help avert a £40bn tax shortfall from the switch to electric vehicles. For more of the ... Read More »
- Toyota Corolla range updated for 2021 - Toyota’s Corolla Hatchback, Saloon and Touring Sports have received equipment and style upgrades for the 2021 model year. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.