Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- ‘No-deal’ tariffs to hike up price of EVs, warns industry - Failure to strike an EU trade deal would increase the price of electric vehicles, potentially reducing demand by 20% and undermining the UK’s progress on Net ... Read More »
- New digital magazine to support fleet shift to EVs - The new EV Fleet World Digital Magazine is now available for operators, providing latest news, features and road tests on electric vehicles. For more of the ... Read More »
- Autonomous Ford Mondeos take to roads in Oxford - The first public trials of autonomous vehicles have begun in Oxford, bringing a fleet of six Mondeos to the roads under the Project Endeavour consortium. For ... Read More »
- Airmax Remote transforms into data provider - Telematics specialist Airmax Remote has been reborn as a connected car data specialist as it steps out from behind the scenes to target fleet operators direct. ... Read More »
- New Dart app takes hardware-free approach to telematics - A new app has launched in the UK fleet sector, enabling companies to benefit from telematics and tracking but without hardware and without long-term contracts. For ... Read More »
- New AI tool shows fleets where to switch to EVs - A new web-based automated AI tool is now available from Teletrac Navman to give fleets detailed insights of where they can deploy electric vehicles. For more ... Read More »
- Hyundai i20 prices and CO2 announced - Hyundai has revealed details for its third-generation i20, which launches next spring with all-new styling, mild hybrids and revised trim levels. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Tax tables to 2030 needed if new EV target adopted, says AFP - The Government should provide company car Benefit-in-Kind tax tables to 2030 if it adopts this date as its new electrification target. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Suzuki reveals prices and CO2 for new Across plug-in hybrid SUV - Suzuki has confirmed details of its new ‘Across’ plug-in hybrid SUV, arriving this autumn as a rebadged version of the Toyota RAV4 PHEV and with CO2 ... Read More »
- Renault unveils electric Mégane and new hybrids - Groupe Renault has accelerated its plans for electrified models with the reveal of two new pure electric vehicles and an expanded hybrid range. For more of ... Read More »
- Drivers to be banned from any hand-held mobile phone usage - The Government is to make it illegal to use hand-held phones in any way – including just touching them – under planned new legislation due from ... Read More »
- Public support for clampdown on killer drivers - Two-thirds of drivers want to see maximum sentences increased for those who cause death by dangerous driving. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
For more of the latest industry news, click here.