Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Rapid progress being made in countdown to 2030 ICE ban, says Fleet Alliance boss - The challenges faced by UK fleets to meet the 2030 ban on new ICE car and van sales are being overcome, thanks to developments in infrastructure ... Read More »
- Advisory Electricity Rate for EVs no longer fit for purpose, says fleet sector - The Association of Fleet Professionals and the BVRLA have teamed up to call for a review of the current Advisory Electricity Rate (AER) as they warn ... Read More »
- Gridserve acquires Electric Highway charging network from Ecotricity - Green energy firm Ecotricity has sold its Electric Highway charging network to Gridserve for an undisclosed amount. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Targa Telematics to accelerate growth path under new investment - Targa Telematics has secured investment via Investindustrial, helping to drive its long-term growth plans. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Vauxhall Grandland SUV gets bold design and raft of extra tech - Vauxhall’s Grandland SUV has been given a major overhaul, equipping it with a bold new design and an array of extra technology. For more of the ... Read More »
- Vauxhall gives first glimpse of next-gen Astra - Vauxhall has provided teaser images of the new Astra, which arrives in 2022 and will include first-ever electrified versions. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Semiconductor issue ‘not done worst yet’, say fleet experts - Shortages of semiconductors and other components are likely to get worse not better over the coming months, impacting the fleet sector and used car and van ... Read More »
- New Kia Sportage brings radical redesign - Kia has revealed the new Sportage, which launches later this year with a radically reinvented interior and exterior design. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Price rises for popular fleet cars and vans ‘almost inevitable’, says FleetCheck - Prices for some of the fleet sector’s most popular fleet cars and vans will inevitably rise over the next few months, potentially by well more than ... Read More »
- E.On helps employees go electric with EV-only salary sacrifice scheme - E.On has deployed an EV-only salary sacrifice scheme to help its employees become more sustainable. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Fiercer competition for used vehicles as fleet sector turns to nearly new cars - Fleet and leasing companies are turning their attention to sourcing nearly new cars, exacerbating the existing challenges for the used car market. For more of the ... Read More »
- Trials of e-scooters start in London - A trial of rental e-scooters is now underway in the capital, exploring how they can act as an alternative to car travel. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.