Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Mobility-as-a-Service: An endgame for fleets? - Will the mobility revolution see the company car dethroned, wonders Natalie Middleton. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- BP Chargemaster starts roll-out of 150kW chargers - BP Chargemaster has activated the first of its new 150kW ultra-fast chargers, which are planned for roll-out across the UK. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- EV charging stations now outnumber petrol stations - There are now more EV charging stations than fuel stations in the UK, with almost 1,000 more public places to charge cars compared to forecourts. For ... Read More »
- LeasePlan net result down as CarNext investment rises - LeasePlan has posted Q2 2019 results that saw the net result fall 79% in line with long-term investment decisions. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Swede appeal: Steve Beattie on the evolution to ‘new Volvo’ - Steve Beattie joined Volvo from Vauxhall in September 2017. Since then, the brand has gone through huge change, in terms of product and becoming more premium. ... Read More »
- Nick Caller appointed as MD of ARI UK - Former Hewlett Packard Enterprise senior executive Nick Caller has been named as the new UK managing director of ARI ahead of the retirement of current MD ... Read More »
- Ban hands-free devices and crack down on all mobile phone usage, say MPs - The Government should look at introducing tougher penalties for all mobile phone usage behind the wheel – including banning hands-free devices, starting first with public sector ... Read More »
- Raise fuel duty and VED for diesels to tackle pollution, says think tank - Increasing fuel duty, especially for diesels, and introducing an ongoing Vehicle Excise Duty surcharge for all new diesel cars could significantly reduce levels of air pollution ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.