Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Mercedes-Benz plans to go all-electric by 2030 - Mercedes-Benz has said it’s ready to go all-electric by 2030 while all new models will be electric-only by 2025. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Tesla to open Supercharger network to all EVs later this year - Tesla is to allow drivers of other brands of electric vehicles to use its Supercharger network from later this year, bringing access to thousands more charge ... Read More »
- Keyless car theft on the rise, warn police - Drivers are being urged to take action to protect their vehicles as police warn of a rise in keyless car theft. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Fleet World Fleet: Volvo XC60 Recharge PHEV T6 AWD - The newcomer to our long-term test fleet takes the form of the big and bold Volvo XC60 Recharge PHEV. John Challen gets behind the wheel. For ... Read More »
- ePower Trucks launches new last-mile all-electric delivery vehicles - ePower Trucks has expanded its range of specialist all-electric LCVs with new last-mile delivery vehicles. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Plans to introduce fees for Scotland’s EV charging network - Scotland’s charging network needs to evolve through much greater private sector investment and the introduction of fees for using charge points. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- First Drive: Audi Q4 e-tron - Audi’s first mass market EV is attractive and comfortable, finds Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Thatcham training to ensure vehicle repairers are ‘EV Ready’ - Thatcham Research has launched a new ‘EV Ready’ training programme, addressing the current electric vehicle skills gap in the vehicle repair sector. For more of the ... Read More »
- Richard Lilwall to succeed Andy Walters as CEO of Quartix Vehicle Tracking - Quartix has appointed Richard Lilwall as the successor to Andy Walters, who is retiring as CEO but will remain on the board. For more of the ... Read More »
- Behaviour change ‘as important’ as electrification in transport decarbonisation, say experts - Behaviour change will play an equal or greater role than technology in the transition to net zero for transport. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- New car 2021 forecast downgraded as chip shortage plays on - Cox Automotive has downgraded its new car forecast for the remainder of 2021 due to the ongoing sector supply issues. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- ChargePoint to acquire European e-mobility specialist Has·to·Be for £217m - ChargePoint Holdings Inc has signed a deal to acquire European E-mobility technology provider Has·to·Be in a transaction valued at €250m (£217m). For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Transport Committee to probe DVLA on licence application delays - The Transport Committee is to speak to DVLA chief executive Julie Lennard in an evidence session on the current delays in processing licence applications. For more ... Read More »
- New car sharing club to ‘massively’ boost mobility in UK - A brand-new car club has launched in the UK, providing flexible, no-strings-attached mobility for businesses and individuals. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- EV orders surpass ICE vehicles at Zenith - Orders for battery electric vehicles (BEVs) have overtaken those for internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles for the first time at Zenith. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Fleet World Fleet: Mazda MX-30 Sport Lux - Martyn Collins puts the electric Mazda’s range to the test. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Northgate parent acquires ChargedEV - Northgate Vehicle Hire’s parent firm has acquired EV charging infrastructure business ChargedEV for an undisclosed amount. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Fleet World Fleet: Škoda Scala SE L 1.5 TSI 150PS - John Kendall reports back on our new Škoda Scala long-termer. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
For more of the latest industry news, click here.