Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Interview: Synergy Car Leasing’s Paul Parkinson on navigating Covid-19 - CEO & founder of Synergy Car Leasing, Paul Parkinson, discusses the current Covid-19 situation and the easing of restrictions, from the perspective of SMEs managing their ... Read More »
- Fleet adherence to new Covid-19 compliance measures is ‘absolute must’ - Fleets have a legal obligation to ensure they’re compliant with the Government’s recovery strategy guidance – including measures for drivers. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- 5 ways to take action on fleet risk as drivers return to roads - Tony Greenidge, IAM RoadSmart interim CEO, looks at the key issues that fleets should be addressing as many businesses return to work. For more of the ... Read More »
- E-Learning interest surging during lockdown, reports Licence Check - Fleet interest and orders for Licence Check’s new driver e-learning service has risen during lockdown as businesses make the most of lockdown to enhance training. For ... Read More »
- Comment: Covid-19 lessons - Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) CEO Paul Campion reflects on the lessons we have learnt from the changes in transport use over the last couple of months ... Read More »
- Comment: How rising car use could affect road risk - Colin Paterson, head of marketing at DriveTech, part of the AA, looks at how a switch away from public transport and increased car usage and active ... Read More »
- Freeze in car valuations set to be unlocked as transactions resume - The used car sector is preparing for a move in vehicle valuations as remarketing activities ramp up. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- E-scooter trials are ‘once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’ to change transport infrastructure - Plans to bring forward the national trial of e-scooters are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make positive changes to transport infrastructure as we emerge from the current ... Read More »
- Fleet risk assessments should incorporate new Covid-19 guidance, says Licence Check - Updated Government guidance on working safely with vehicles during the Coronavirus pandemic should be carefully noted by fleets as more businesses look to return to work. ... Read More »
- ARI appoints new sales director and head of client relations - ARI has promoted its former head of asset funding, Rory Mackinnon, the role of UK sales director. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Greater Manchester pushes Clean Air Zone back to 2022 - Greater Manchester has delayed plans for a Clean Air Zone in the region for a further year as local leaders also call for a multi-million-pound funding ... Read More »
- Toyota to restart production at Burnaston - Toyota is to restart work at its Burnaston plant next Tuesday 26 May; one of a number of carmakers resuming operations in the UK. For more ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.