Brake reveals winners of 2017 Fleet Safety Awards
Fleets including British Gas and Bibby Distribution have scooped top titles in this year’s Brake Fleet Safety Awards.
Held last week at Hilton Metropole in Birmingham, the awards were attended by almost 400 guests, making it Brake’s biggest safety awards to date.
Amongst the highlights, British Gas picked up two accolades, covering both the Company Driver Safety (large fleets) Award and the Fleet Safety Partnership Award. Meanwhile the prestigious Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety was awarded posthumously to Dr Will Murray.
The 2017 Fleet Safety Award winners are:
- Company Driver Safety Award (small fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster: National Vehicle Distribution Ltd
- Company Driver Safety Award (medium fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster: Bibby Distribution
- Company Driver Safety Award (large fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster: British Gas
- Eco Fleet Award, sponsored by Telogis: Gateshead Council
- Dr Will Murray Award for Analysis and Action, sponsored by e-Driving Fleet: FM Conway
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson: Carillion
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award, sponsored by TTC Group Ltd: Fleetmaster & British Gas
- Fleet Safety Product Award (road safety), sponsored by QBE: Reflex Vans
- Fleet Safety Product Award (in-vehicle technology), sponsored by QBE: Safety Shield Systems
- Road Safety in the Community Award, sponsored by Ocado: Stephensons Solicitors LLP
- Global Road Safety, sponsored by Intelligent Telematics: Johnson & Johnson
- Safe Vehicles Award, sponsored by Checkpoint: Morrison Utility Services
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Licence Bureau: Rory Morgan, Iron Mountain
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety, sponsored by Arriva: Dr Will Murray
Ross Moorlock, business development director at Brake, said: “We were delighted to receive so many strong entries to the awards again this year, with organisations and individuals across the world delivering fantastic work to make our roads safer for everyone. Congratulations to all of this year’s award winners and highly commended entrants.”For more of the latest industry news, click here.