Manheim ramps up coronavirus response
Manheim UK has taken further action to help with the coronavirus lockdown by immediately suspending all of its physical auction programmes.
Although the business had already said that buyers would only be able to purchase physical auction vehicles via its online Simulcast platform on a temporary basis from Monday 23 March, it’s now suspended its planned auctions on Simulcast with effect from today (24 March). This is to comply with the latest Government restrictions on business.
All other Cox Automotive UK physical locations are also in the process of being closed, with only a security presence remaining on site thereafter.
Customers are being advised that Manheim UK sites will only accept arrivals today and the removal of any purchased and paid for vehicles needs to take place immediately.
However, Manheim will not charge buyers for storage for vehicles remaining on site during any lockdown period; this is currently expected to last at least three weeks.
Martin Forbes, Cox Automotive UK’s CEO, said: “The Government’s instructions are very clear. We are legally and morally obliged to cease auctions with immediate effect. The health and well-being of our employees as well as our customers and business partners are top priority. We are working closely with customers and supporting them as much as possible during this challenging time. Together we will get through this.”