Fleet values increase in March
Only one vehicle segment showed an overall decrease in average values in the Fleet sector, with Coupes down 3.8% (£416) to £10,438.
Meanwhile, examples of notable increases in values include:
- Medium Family up 4.6% (£265) to £6,058
- Large Family up 4.1% (£205) to £5,221
- Compact Executive up 3.5% (£289) to £8,632
- Mini MPV up 8.6% (£447) to £5,670
- 4×4 up 5.9% (£750) to £13,357
Overall values increased by 3.4% (£245) to £7,453.
Mike Pilkington, managing director, Manheim Remarketing, said: 'Following a relatively stable market in February average wholesale values picked up again in March, most significantly in the Fleet sector. Although there tends to be a softening of used car demand around general election time it is hard to see much impact when the timing has been so well predicted. Nevertheless as we proceed into the second quarter of the year we would expect values to fall.'