Arval growth plans target non-company car drivers
Arval is repositioning itself as a ‘mobility solutions company’ on the back of a raft of new products and services due to be rolled out over the coming months which will see it significantly increase its UK and global customer base.
Central to the group’s ambitious expansion plans will be new products and services aimed at employees of existing customers who do not qualify for company cars.
The group predicts its new programme will see it grow its global fleet from 1.1 to 1.3 million units by the end of 2020.
Arval also announced a new electric vehicle partnership with Renault, Nissan and charging infrastructure provider NewMotion with a service which will see the roll-out of work and home charging points.
Speaking to Fleet World, Arval’s global CEO Philippe Bismut said: “We are ready to make a new strategic move as a mobility solutions company and the move into the consumer market will be a change in scale for us.
“Until now our focus was to supply company cars for corporate organisations but now the focus is not just this but a much wider target which is the individual. In our client’s businesses there are more employees than company car drivers but they also have the need for a car; our new ambition is to address this wider market,” he said.
The first stage of opening up its customer base to all members of staff within participating customer companies had already been available through Arval’s salary exchange and a private leasing offering but have now been expanded to provide all staff with access to Arval’s garage network, a leaver offer and a car sharing alternative to pool cars.
The company’s new launch programme will also see greater company car driver empowerment through new app-based services under the My Arval banner which will go live in the UK from April. The service will enable drivers to book service and repair work at times to suit them at Arval approved workshops.
Arval’s new product initiative covers five areas:
- Arval For Me is new to the UK and will be launched in the second half of 2018. It provides individuals access to Arval’s established network covering repair and maintenance, relief cars, pick-up and drop off.
- Arval Car Sharing is also new to the UK and offers a digital-based alternative to traditional pool cars with wider access to employees for both private and business usage.
- Arval For Employee is already available but is being extended to include Arval For Me and Arval Car Sharing.
- My Arval goes live from April and provides fleet managers and drivers with a new app based platform for data and services.
- Electric Vehicle is an extension of Arval’s existing leasing options on EVs based on a new partnership with Renault, Nissan and NewMotion.
For more of the latest industry news, click here.