AFP’s 2021 events to support fleets in ‘very challenging year’
The Association of Fleet Professionals has announced its 2021 calendar of events, targeted at bringing added support for existing and new members as it warns of upcoming challenges.
2021 will mark the first full year for the industry’s trade association, which was formed in March from the merger of ACFO and the ICFM, and the line-up of events is intended to bring increased support for fleets dealing with the ongoing pandemic, Brexit and electric vehicle deployment, among other issues.
The programme covers members-only webinars alongside Partner Programme webinars open to a general audience and a schedule of training modules.
AFP chair Paul Hollick said: “We’ll be putting considerable effort into supporting individual fleet managers. Since the AFP was formed in March, most of our recruitment activity has been aimed at attracting corporate members and we’re very pleased with how successful that has been.
“Now, however, we’re looking more at fleet managers who are working out in the field and are promoting the benefits of what the AFP can do for them. This is an important area for the organisation and we are keen to attract as many members as possible.”
The calendar also includes the AFP’s first full training programme.
Hollick added: “Helping people working in the fleet industry to gain new skills is a crucial part of our mission and we are already seeing people sign up for some of these modules.”
The AFP member-only webinars are:
- 16 December 2020 – EV Policy Roadmap
- 17 February – Grey Fleet Best Practice
- 14 April – Tax and The Company Vehicle
- 16 June – Back to Normal? Post Covid Fleet Management
- 14 July – Getting Started on Mobility
- 13 October – EV Charging Payments and Reimbursements
- 15 December – Alternative Forms of Transport Usage
AFP Partner Programme Webinars, sponsored by AFP corporate members and open to all fleet managers, are:
- January – Insights Not Data
- March – Operational Road Risk Best Practice
- May – Road Tolling; The Future of BIK?
- July – Practical Mobility Solutions
- Exact dates are to be confirmed.
Finally, the planned AFP Fleet Academy Training Modules are:
- 5 January, Diploma – Advanced Finance
- 23 March, Fast Track – People Management
- 20 April, Fast Track Administration and Finance
- 11 May, Diploma Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- 8 June, Diploma Administration and Control
- 22 June, Fast Track Acquisition and Law
- 7 September, Fast Track People Management
- 12 October, Fast Track Administration and Finance
- 1 December, Diploma Acquisition and Disposal
- 14 December, Fast Track Acquisition and Law
Further details are available from the AFP Administration Hub on [email protected].