Brake honours risk management achievements at annual Fleet Safety Forum Awards
The awards are run by the Fleet Safety Forum, a division of road safety charity Brake, to recognise the achievements of those working in the rapidly developing field of road risk management.
There were 43 winning or highly commended awards in many different categories, including Safe Vehicles, Company Driver Safety, Fleet Service Provider of the Year and Risk Manager of the Year.
Awards and winners include:
- Safe Vehicles Award: Warburtons Scotland
- Fleet Safety Provider of the Year Award: Applied Driving Techniques
- Fleet Safety Product Award: Michelin Tyre plc for Michelin X One MaxiTrailer Tyre
- Fleet Safety Analysis and Action Awards: Glasgow City Council; Interactive Driving Systems
- Eco Fleet Award: ETS Distribution
- Company Driver Safety Awards: Johnsons Coaches; Ocado; Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions; Vauxhall Motors; Arriva plc
- Road Safety in the Community Award: Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Awards: John Rodell, KBR FTX Logistics; Am Pall, CitySprint
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety: Doug Jenkins, QBE
Also presented on the night was the FedEx and Brake Road Safety Academy Ambassador of the Year Award, which went this year to Dave McLagan of Warburtons Scotland for his rollout of Brake's Pledge2DriveSafely programme to company drivers.
Julie Townsend, deputy chief executive at Brake, said: 'The Fleet Safety Forum Awards for Excellence 2010 was a great success with record-breaking level of entries and attendance. We at Brake are thrilled to be able to publicly recognise and reward those organisations setting the standards for fleet safety and helping to drive down crash and casualty rates. We congratulate all of the winners on their well-deserved awards.'