Topical issues come under scrutiny in FTA Transport Manager seminars
The events take place across the UK from September to November. Expert speakers from organisations such as VOSA, the Highways Agency and Backhouse Jones Solicitors, as well as the FTA Member Advice Centre and other key FTA staff, will advise delegates on the very latest legislation, and how to keep their operation at the forefront of best practice and compliance procedures.
Key sessions at Transport Manager 2011 include:
• Changes to Operator Licensing, CPC and the role of transport managers in 2012
• Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) test centre closures and Authorised Testing Facilities
• Cutting costs, cutting fuel, cutting carbon
• Who wants to be a transport manager? – interactive learning session
• Extreme weather – are you prepared for winter 2011?
• Agency Worker Directive explained
• Key transport developments expected in 2012
Venues and dates for FTA Transport Manager 2011:
• Wednesday 14 September, Chatham
• Wednesday 21 September, Chepstow
• Wednesday 28 September, Warrington
• Wednesday 5 October, Bradford
• Tuesday 11 October, Belfast
• Thursday 13 October, Dublin
• Wednesday 19 October, Cambridge
• Wednesday 26 October, Durham
• Tuesday 1 November, Dunblane
• Wednesday 9 November, Sheffield
• Wednesday 16 November, Birmingham
• Wednesday 23 November, Yeovil
• Wednesday 30 November, Ascot
FTA is offering a special early bird price for FTA members who book before 1 August 2011 of £280 plus VAT for the first delegate and £275 plus VAT for subsequent delegates. The price for FTA members booking after that date is £325 plus VAT for the first delegate and £275 plus VAT for subsequent delegates; the cost for non-members is £385 plus VAT for the first delegate and £345 plus VAT for subsequent delegates.
To book a place, call the FTA Member Service Centre on 08717 11 22 22 or go to http://www.fta.co.uk/events/transport_manager_2011.htmlFor more of the latest industry news, click here.