NAFA launches Professional Development Webinar course
The webinar series examines how to develop and motivate employees, work within various organisational frameworks, and adjust your leadership and management techniques to fit the situation. Effective oral and written communication will also be addressed.
Katherine Vigneau, MBA, CAFM, will be the course instructor. Classes will be held on Monday and Thursday nights from 7.00PM- 8.30PM (EST). Monday sessions offer a new lesson with readings and questions for completion assigned for discussion on Thursday. NAFA’s new (2011) Professional Development Guide will serve as the course textbook and will be provided to all webinar participants.
The webinar series will cover:
• Individuals in Organizations: motivating employees, training, assessment, and legal and administrative topics
• Groups: the role of unions and what makes a team.
• Leadership: the distinction between leaders and managers, definitions, types, and succession planning.
• Organisation Processes: decision-making, negotiations, staffing, and conducting meetings.
• Business Communications: details the different types of communications and various formats.
• Ethics: ethical theories, decision-making, and codes.
The cost is $199 for CAFM/CAFS candidates currently enrolled in the certification program. The webinar is designed to help students prepare for their CAFM or CAFS exams. The cost for NAFA Members/ Affiliates not currently enrolled in the certification program is $249; and the cost for non-NAFA Members/Affiliates not currently enrolled in the certification program is $349.
To sign up for the Professional Development Primer webinar course, please visit http://www.nafa.org/WebinarCourse