Mobile payment solution goes live on Shell forecourts nationwide
Launched in response to customer feedback requesting faster and easier ways to pay, the service means customers now have the option to pay for their fuel quickly and securely on their mobile without leaving their car.
Fill up and Go is available through the Shell Motorist app (which is free to download on any Android or iOS device) and can be used to buy all types of fuel.
The service brings benefits for busy motorists who simply want a fast and easy visit. By choosing to pay for their fuel on their mobile phone there is no need for the customer to leave their car, queue up or go in store. It’s quick, it’s easy and there are no unnecessary paper receipts.
Customers can get started using the service by installing the Shell Motorist App and registering their PayPal details by linking the app to their PayPal account. A five-digit security pin will be required to log in and out of the app.
Once this is done, using Fill Up and Go is very simple:
- Once the customer arrives at the pump, they stay in the car, open the Shell Motorist app and tap ‘Fill Up and Go’.
- Next the customer chooses the maximum amount they wish to pre-authorise (starting at £20).
- When the message "start refuelling" appears, the customer simply leaves the phone in the car and refuels as normal. The app will activate the pump.
- If the customer wishes to fill up with less than £20, they simply stop dispensing the fuel at the desired amount.
- Before reaching the maximum fuel spend limit the pump will stop dispensing automatically. The customer will only ever be charged for the amount of fuel dispensed
- A transaction history and receipt are available in the app and Shell Drivers’ Club loyalty points are awarded and visible in the app too.
The service will be offered at hundreds of Shell petrol stations across the country. Customers can check the station locator in the Shell Motorist app for details of which stations have the service available or they can check online at www.shell.com