Mitsubishi and Dundee City Council named LowCVP Low Carbon Champions
The winners were revealed at a gala dinner held in association with Cenex in Milton Keynes last night (9 September).
Mitsubishi took the award in the prestigious Low Carbon Car/Van Manufacturer of the Year category, with VW and Nissan also shortlisted. The judges said that the Outlander – which helped the company scoop the award – has been a game-changer, bringing plug-in hybrid technology to a 4×4 SUV, at a competitive price. The model has achieved impressive sales, especially in the company car market.
The judges added: “Mitsubishi has been an early adopter and was ready to take a risk which has paid off in terms of vehicle registrations.”
In addition Dundee City Council was recognised for its work in adopting alternatively fuelled vehicles with the award for the Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year Winner.
The judges said: “Dundee City Council has put into practice what they preach using alternative fuel technologies and encouraging other cities to do the same. Dundee has demonstrated a strategic approach to both fleet and infrastructure and carefully thought about perceptions and users’ experience.”
The full list of awards is:
- ‘Grand Prix Award’: Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport (Winner of winners) Winner: Optare
- Outstanding Individual in Promoting Low Carbon Transport Joint Award: Professor Neville Jackson, Ricardo; Dr Doug Parr, Greenpeace UK
- Low Carbon Car /Van Manufacturer of the Year Winner: Mitsubishi Motors
- UK Shortlisted: VW; Nissan
- Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year Joint Winners: Optare and Scania GB
- Shortlisted: Leyland Trucks; BYD Europe B.V
- Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year Winner: Dundee City Council
- Runners up: First Bus with City of York Short-listed: Reading Buses
- Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year Winner: Convert to Green Ltd
- Short-listed: GENeco; Rapid Charge Network
- 2015 Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME Joint Winners: Avid Technology; Wirth Research
- Short-listed: Ashwoods Lightfoot Ltd, Dearman
- Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year Winner: GENeco
- Highly Commended: Aberdeen City Council Short-listed: ECO Stars
- 2014 Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report Winner: Urban Foresight
- Runners-up: UK Power Networks
- Highly Commended: ICCT (Wasted); Element Energy