LeasePlan UK announces supplier awards
The awards were held on 11th February at LeasePlan’s annual Supplier Conference where over 120 of the company’s top suppliers gathered to hear about the successes and developments of 2013.
Members of the LeasePlan leadership team then presented their vision for 2014, focusing on three key messages for suppliers: grow our business, add value and build for the future
A “Question Time” session was held with LeasePlan’s head of procurement & supplier management, Neil Dixon, as the host. The panel consisted of LeasePlan corporation senior vice president of car remarketing Wolfgang Rienhold; David Brennan, managing director, LeasePlan UK; Matt Dyer, commercial director, LeasePlan UK and Matt Cranny, operations and service director, LeasePlan UK, where a range of questions were asked and were answered.
The awards dinner, held in the evening, consisted of 16 awards including the prestigious “Overall Supplier of the Year” award. The following awards were presented to the best suppliers in recognition of their exceptional service in the past year:
- Auction Provider of the year Cars – BCA Nottingham
- Auction Provider of the year LCV – Manheim Gloucester
- Remarketing Direct Sales Channel of the Year – BMW UK
- Overall Remarketing Partner of the Year – BCA
- SMR Supplier of the Year – Prestige Fleet Servicing
- Rental Supplier of the Year – Enterprise Rent a Car
- Best Demonstration of LeasePlan Value by a Supplier – Expertise – Eva Grimes, ABS
- Best Demonstration of LeasePlan Value by a Supplier – Respect – Elisabeth Lynch, Autoglass
- Best Demonstration of LeasePlan Value by a Supplier – Passion – Charlotte de Gastines, The Bearing Point
- Best Demonstration of LeasePlan Value by a Supplier – Commitment – Dawn Hill, The AA
- Supplier Employee of the Year – Ash Tariq
- Indirect Supplier of the Year – Blue Apple
- Best Service Provision of the Year – BCA Logistics
- Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year – Mercedes Cars
- Best Supplier Innovation of the Year – The AA
Finally, LeasePlan awarded “Overall Supplier of the Year” to FMG for increasing service standards and reaching a level of engagement that has led to a clear understanding of, and alignment to, LeasePlan strategies. They have also helped to reduce customer costs and have raised the bar in both their approach and delivery.
Neil Dixon, head of procurement & supplier management at LeasePlan said of the day: ‘Our supplier conference continues to go from strength to strength. This unique industry event is a fantastic opportunity for us to engage with our many suppliers to ensure our relationships become even more productive in 2014.
‘We believe all of our suppliers should be rightly proud of our work together over the past year, and the awards reflect the strength of our combined achievements in 2013. LeasePlan places huge value on working with suppliers that reflect our own high standards, and effective communication is crucial in ensuring these are upheld across our range of services.’