Latest FTA guide for company car drivers published
The Freight Transport Association (FTA) has published a brand-new edition of its Company Car Drivers’ Handbook, containing information to help drivers remain safe and legal in an easy-to-read format.
Endorsed by the Institute of Car Fleet Management (ICFM) and ACFO, the handbook is a key document for anyone who drives a car for business purposes, and contains information to help drivers remain safe and legal in an easy-to-read format.
Key updates for the 2016 edition include:
- Changes to drug driving legislation (prescription medication)
- Lowered alcohol limits in Scotland
- Removal of paper counterpart driving licence
- Jeopardising vocational licence if caught using mobile phone whilst driving a car
- Changes to smoking regulations with minors in the car
- Updates to fixed penalty charges
- Updated information on government agencies
The FTA added that the handbook should be read in conjunction with each organisation’s specific policies, which may well go beyond the advice in the handbook, particularly in relation to dealing with accidents or the use of mobile phones.
Copies are available from Shopfta at £3 for FTA members, £3.50 for non-members (product code: 5045) http://www.shop.fta.co.uk or call 03717 11 11 11.