Kwik-Fit Fleet reports record numbers for fleet business in 2010
Kwik-Fit Fleet says demand for MoTs, vehicle servicing and brake part replacement was up by up to almost 50% last year.
Detailed figures reveal that in 2010:
* The number of fleet vehicle MoT tests undertaken in 2010 was 35,666, a rise of nearly 50% on 2009's total of 23,927
* The number of brake-related jobs on fleet vehicles undertaken was 59,248 last year (2009: 53,840).
* The number of services on company cars and vans completed last year was up by 16% compared with 2009.
The increase in mechanical work is being driven by a number of factors including:
* Kwik-Fit offering a nationwide network of centres
* Seven-day a week centre opening making it more convenient for drivers to book their vehicles in for work
* A booking typically available within 48 hours rather than the 14-day wait for some franchised dealers
* National pricing agreements across all centres in place
* Significant savings – on average 20% – against prices charged by franchise dealers for servicing work
* Vehicle serviced in accordance with manufacturer scheduled servicing requirements
* The introduction last year of Bosch brake products across the network
* Recession-induced lengthening fleet replacement cycles meaning more vehicles require MoTs and services.
Kwik-Fit Fleet sales director Peter Lambert said: 'Fleets want a fast, efficient and cost-effective service that is convenient for their company car and van drivers. That is exactly what Kwik-Fit Fleet is delivering.'
In the coming months Kwik-Fit Fleet says it's confident that demand for all mechanical work will further increase with the roll-out of new initiatives designed to make company car and van servicing and MoTs an even more attractive proposition to the corporate sector.