Geneva Motor Show 2018 Roundup
Fleet World’s round-up of the most important headlines from the 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
- 250-miles in 15 minutes promised by Porsche’s new EV - Porsche reveals second electric car concept with 800V system, enabling 250-mile range in 15 minutes. Related Post UK’s first ultra-fast chargers to go live wi... Transport ... Read More »
- Upgraded Nissan concept debuts Brain-to-Vehicle tech - Nissan has unveiled an upgraded version of its IMx electric concept vehicle, featuring a new look and Brain-to-Vehicle (B2V) technology.
- Hyundai reveals new design language - Hyundai has previewed its future design direction with the unveiling of the ‘Le Fil Rouge’ design concept at the Geneva Motor Show.
- BMW confirms i4 for production - BMW has confirmed its next BMW i branded vehicle will be the i4. Related Post BMW completes WLTP re-testing Transport Scotland increases EV funding for fleets ... Read More »
- Renault shares vision of electric ride-hailing with EZ-GO concept - Renault has shown how it thinks shared urban mobility could look in the future with the unveiling of its EZ-GO concept at the Geneva Motor Show.
- Third-generation Ceed Sportswagon to trump Mondeo on boot space - Kia has unveiled its third-generation Ceed Sportswagon, which brings increased boot space to rival models from the next segment up. Related Post Pricing announced for new ... Read More »
- Honda confirms 2019 launch for electric city car - Honda is to open order books for its first battery-electric vehicle in Europe in early 2019.
- Volkswagen reveals forthcoming luxury electric saloon - Volkswagen has given us a glimpse of the luxury saloon of the near future with the unveiling of the I.D. Vizzion concept.
- Lexus enters compact crossover segment with new UX - Lexus will expand its SUV offering next year with a small SUV called the UX. Related Post Lexus reveals UX crossover
- Skoda Vision X concept shows plans for compact crossover - Skoda has revealed plans for a new small SUV with the unveiling of the Vision X concept car at the Geneva Motor Show. Related Post Skoda ... Read More »
- Toyota phasing out diesel cars by 2019 - Toyota will have no diesel passenger cars on sale in Europe by the end of this year, citing limited demand and widespread uptake of hybrid alternatives. ... Read More »
- SsangYong Musso ramps up the lifestyle appeal - SsangYong is targeting small business owner-drivers with its new Musso pickup, which claims SUV-derived refinement and equipment levels in addition to the outgoing model’s capacity and ... Read More »
- Pricing and specification revealed for new A-Class - Mercedes-Benz has revealed prices for the new A-Class, which is on sale now. Related Post New A-Class previews small-car focus for Mercedes-...
- Jaguar I-Pace pricing, range and final spec revealed - Jaguar has revealed pricing, a near-300-mile range and final production specification for its first electric vehicle; the I-Pace. Related Post Road Test: Jaguar E-Pace P250 R-Dynamic ... Read More »
- New Audi A6 introduces A8 innovations - Audi’s eighth-generation A6 will cascade new technology seen on the A8 when it launches this summer. Related Post Hyundai and Audi tie-up on fuel cell tech ... Read More »
- Honda CR-V ditches diesel for hybrid - Honda’s new CR-V will debut a hybrid powertrain for Europe and a seven-seat option while ditching diesel powerplants. Related Post Honda marks first for Clesse UK ... Read More »
- Hyundai Kona Electric revealed with 292-mile WLTP range - Hyundai has revealed the electric version of the Kona compact SUV, confirming a range of almost 300 miles under the new WLTP cycle and rapid 100kW ... Read More »
- Fleet focus for Peugeot’s premium new 508 - Peugeot has re-invented the 508 as an A5 Sportback-like four-door coupe, targeting higher residuals and low running costs for its fleet-weighted customer base. Related Post First ... Read More »