Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Councils get legal risk warning over ‘glacial’ progress on air pollution - Local authorities in England and Wales have received a written warning of the legal risk of inaction on air pollution after missing government deadlines to produce ... Read More »
- Keyless theft risks highlighted in new Thatcham ratings - More than half of the new cars launched so far this year have potential keyless entry/start vulnerabilities that could leave them vulnerable to relay attack. For ... Read More »
- Future Volvos to monitor and stop drunk or distracted drivers - Volvo is to use in-car cameras and autonomous driving features in future models to help detect drunk or distracted drivers and take action as necessary. For ... Read More »
- Toyota to build Suzuki-badged Corolla estate in UK - Toyota and Suzuki are to collaborate on technological development and production in a move to gear up for wider use of hybrid technologies. For more of ... Read More »
- LeasePlan mulls options for CarNext platform - LeasePlan has said it’s conducting a review of strategic alternatives for its CarNext.com business, which allows drivers to buy, lease or finance its ex-fleet cars. For ... Read More »
- Government review to open up low-carbon mobility options in UK - The Government has opened a review into urban mobility that will explore regulation around new transport modes – including electric scooters – and invest £90m in ... Read More »
- Kia Ceed crossover to bring rival to VW T-Roc - Kia is to add a new crossover variant to its Ceed line-up, bringing a rival to the Volkswagen T-Roc. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- First Drive: Volvo V60 Cross Country D4 - Martyn Collins finds the V60 Cross Country could be all the off-roader business drivers ever need. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- TomTom Telematics sale to Bridgestone gets shareholder approval - Shareholders at TomTom have given the green light to the sale of the firm’s telematics business to Bridgestone Europe. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Ford confirms cutbacks in Germany and UK - Ford is pushing ahead with voluntary redundancy programmes in Germany and the UK as part of comprehensive restructuring plans. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.