Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall 44,000 cars over CO2 - Jaguar Land Rover is recalling around 44,000 cars in the UK over issues with incorrectly stated CO2 emissions. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
- Government greenlights Birmingham clean air zone plans - Plans to deploy a charging clean air zone in Birmingham, including for cars, have secured approval and funding from the Government. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- e-Niro building strong EV customer base for Kia - Kia’s e-Niro electric SUV is still proving popular with potential customers and helping to build the brand’s EV presence despite having sold out of this year’s ... Read More »
- Government indecision driving employees out of company cars - The Government has come under fire from the ICFM and BVRLA after yesterday’s Spring Statement failed to provide much-needed clarity on future company car tax (CCT) ... Read More »
- Government shelves WLTP tax decision - The Government has failed to shed any light over future company car tax (CCT) rates, including any action to mitigate the effects of WLTP, in today’s ... Read More »
- New car imports to face 10% tariffs under no-deal Brexit - New cars imported into the UK will be subject to a 10% tariff in the event of a no-deal Brexit, helping to protect the UK’s car ... Read More »
- Infiniti to end UK production as it pulls out of Western Europe - Infiniti is to withdraw from Western Europe as part of a restructuring plan that will also see UK production of Infiniti models cease by the middle ... Read More »
- Volkswagen Group accelerates electric car offensive - The Volkswagen Group has ramped up its plans for electric cars with a new strategy to launch almost 70 new models in the next 10 years ... Read More »
- Connected Cars: The next steps - What started back in the 1990s with notifications of crashes to emergency responders, locating the vehicle and roadside assistance, has now grown to involve full 4G LTE data ... Read More »
- Health chiefs call for more clean air zones to cut pollution threat - Deploying more low-emission or clean air zones could help improve air quality and health as part of a package of measures to cut down on pollution. ... Read More »
- Don’t ditch diesel without accurate information, says Emtec Corporation - Don’t ditch diesel just yet says Emtec Corporation Ltd, which has developed new technology to accurately measure driver and vehicle performance in order to put fleets ... Read More »
- First Drive: Volkswagen T-Cross - Does Volkswagen’s new baby SUV live up to the success of it’s bigger brothers, asks Jonathan Musk. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
For more of the latest industry news, click here.