Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Drivers must not be responsible for fully automated accidents, says insurance industry - Drivers of fully automated vehicles must not be held liable for accidents involving their cars while the technology is in charge. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- AEB on track to become mandatory from 2022 - MEPs have given the green light to making driver assistance features including Automated Emergency Braking (AEB) standard on new cars within three years. For more of ... Read More »
- Mazda3 pricing and specification revealed - The fourth-generation Mazda3 is now available to order in hatchback form, bringing new styling and increased equipment along with the debut of the brand’s new ultra-efficient ... Read More »
- Drivers back use of long-range speed cameras - The majority of drivers support the use of long-range speed cameras, new research from the RAC finds. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Lighting the way: The issues for public sector fleets - Carmakers supplying vehicles to the emergency services market are faced with their fair share of challenges, as Craig Thomas discovers. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- VWFS tool guides fleets on fuel choice decisions - Volkswagen Financial Services | Fleet has launched a new tool to help companies, including non-VWFS customers, determine if individual vehicles can be shifted to ultra-low emission ... Read More »
- London borough to trial on-demand bus service - Transport for London (TfL) is planning to trial an on-demand bus service in Sutton from this spring to help reduce car dependency in the borough. For ... Read More »
- Tax regime must support company cars to drive down emissions, says ACFO - ACFO is urging the Government to realign the company car tax regime as it warns that the transition to WLTP could push more drivers to opt ... Read More »
- Honda confirms plans to close Swindon - Honda has confirmed reports that it’s planning to close its Swindon vehicle manufacturing plant in 2021 – a move labelled by business secretary Greg Clark as ... Read More »
- All new Ford Focus ST revealed with diesel power - Ford has revealed the all-new Focus ST; developed by Ford Performance to deliver nimble hot-hatch thrills in a stylish, comfortable and practical family car. For more ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.