Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Inaugural Great British Fleet Event gets underway - The doors to the 2019 Great British Fleet Event have now opened, bringing fleet and mobility managers an unparalleled opportunity to hear about the latest innovations ... Read More »
- Volvo UK to retail cars on-line - Volvo UK’s managing director, Jon Wakefield, has announced the company’s plan to retail cars online. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- New XC40 derivatives to satisfy current V40 buyers - With Volvo confirming the next V40 is “not due within the next 12 months”, the Swedish company’s XC40 small SUV is expected to fill the void. ... Read More »
- Oxford mitigates impact of zero emission zone plans - Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council have published updated proposals for a Zero Emission Zone in the city centre, which will see private vehicles no ... Read More »
- Government backs Leeds clean air zone charging plans - The BVRLA is warning of the impact of the Leeds clean air zone on commercial fleets as the scheme gets government approval. For more of the ... Read More »
- Honda to unveil electric vehicle prototype at Geneva - Honda is to reveal a prototype version of its Urban EV Concept at Geneva ahead of the official launch of the production model this year. For ... Read More »
- Chevin launches new workshop technician app - Chevin Fleet Solutions has launched a new vehicle maintenance management app, the Workshop Hub, designed to improve workshop efficiency and help generate cost savings. For more ... Read More »
- Axeing diesel surcharge could solve WLTP review - Scrapping the 4% diesel surcharge from 2020 could provide a simple way to offset the impact of the switch to WLTP. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Bridgestone Europe to acquire TomTom Telematics to create ‘fleet solutions powerhouse’ - Bridgestone Europe has signed a deal to acquire TomTom Telematics from Dutch navigation firm TomTom for a cash consideration of €910m (£800m). For more of the ... Read More »
- How MaaS will change fleets forever - A tech-led mobility revolution is about to overtake the planet, changing everything we think we know about personal transportation. Craig Thomas assesses how business can take ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.