Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- JLR confirms plans to axe 4,500 jobs - Jaguar Land Rover has confirmed it’s reducing its global workforce by around 4,500 people, starting off in the UK. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Ford cans MPVs to focus on SUVs - Ford has announced new plans to improve profitability and cut costs by expanding in some vehicle segments, including EVs, and exiting others as well as making ... Read More »
- SME fleets to underpin Lexus UK sales growth - Lexus is focusing on SMEs with its new models, seeing small fleets as a vital part of plans to increase its UK sales around 33% over ... Read More »
- Nissan Leaf e+ brings 239-mile range - Nissan is introducing a new version of its Leaf EV, which offers a 239-mile range – the highest yet for the model. For more of the ... Read More »
- Speaker line-up and topics revealed for inaugural Great British Fleet Event - The biggest issues and opportunities for the fleet industry – along with the latest solutions – are to come under the spotlight from an expert line-up ... Read More »
- Hitachi Capital expands in Europe - Hitachi Capital Corporation has acquired 100% of the share capital of fleet management and leasing firm Maske Fleet GmbH as it expands its vehicle solutions business ... Read More »
- Rob East named as new head of corporate sales at BMW - BMW Group UK has announced the appointment of former Mercedes fleet boss Rob East as its new general manager, corporate sales. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Plug-in Car Grant cuts hitting PHEV demand, says SMMT - Demand for plug-in hybrids (PHEVs) is showing signs of slowdown after the Government axed the plug-in car grant for these vehicles in October. For more of ... Read More »
- Fiat’s Francis Bleasdale joins BCA - Former Fiat fleet and remarketing director Francis Bleasdale has joined BCA as business development director, OEM. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Fleet sales fall 7.3% in 2018 while new car emissions rise - Both fleet and overall UK new car registrations fell in 2018 while continued anti-diesel policies caused new car CO2 to rise for the second successive year. ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.