Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- September new car market slides as WLTP bites - The UK new car market fell 20.5% in September to 338,834 units as the move to the new WLTP testing regime brought anticipated falls for private, ... Read More »
- MEPs vote for tougher CO2 and ULEV sales targets - The European Parliament has voted in favour of a 20% targeted reduction in new car and van CO2 emissions between 2021 and 2025, with sub-50g/km vehicles ... Read More »
- Black Horse MD extends role to Lex Autolease - Lloyds Banking Group is bringing its Black Horse and Lex Autolease motoring businesses under a combined leadership structure from November, overseen by Richard Jones in the ... Read More »
- Paris Motor Show 2018 Roundup - Fleet World’s round-up of the most important fleet headlines from the 2018 Paris Motor Show. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Fuel duty to be frozen for ninth year running - Fuel duty will be frozen for the ninth year in a row, the Prime Minister will announce in her speech closing the Conservative Party conference. For ... Read More »
- Abolition of Severn Bridge tolls brought forward - Tolls for the Severn Crossings are to be abolished on 17 December, slightly earlier than the original deadline of the end of the year and just ... Read More »
- PCH continues to erode fleet market - New figures show company car drivers are increasingly turning to personal contract hire – bringing added weight to calls for the Government to use the Autumn ... Read More »
- Pricing revealed for bigger, tech-laden BMW 3 Series - BMW’s seventh-generation 3 Series saloon will introduce a new platform along with plug-in hybrids, enhanced driving dynamics and new technologies when it goes on sale next ... Read More »
- Fitness to drive system causes controversy - Drivers are not having their licences taken away despite being medically incapable of driving safely, new research suggests. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
- BMW i3 drops range extender - The full electric BMW i3 and more sporty i3s are now available with a near 200-mile range, while the company has quietly dropped the petrol range ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.