Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Fleet procurement could put UK in EV fast lane, says Unite - The UK car market’s successful transition to electric vehicles will require measures to drive fleet EV take-up, as well as action to protect the manufacturing sector. ... Read More »
- Bring forward 2040 ban on new petrol and diesel car sales, say MPs - The current 2040 target to end the sale of conventional petrol and diesel cars must be brought forward to help deal with an “air quality catastrophe”. ... Read More »
- Scottish company car drivers to be hit by higher BiK rates - Company car drivers who are resident in Scotland will be hit by larger increases in Benefit-in-Kind rates from 6 April, as new income tax rates are ... Read More »
- Spring Statement fails to bring much-needed clarity for fleets - Fleet industry stakeholders have been left disappointed after yesterday’s Spring Statement failed to provide any further information over the future shape of company car taxation. For ... Read More »
- The £365m Diesel Tax Grab - Professor Colin Tourick is unconvinced by the company car tax reforms announced in the latest Budget. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Battery-powered cars observe sales slump - In the first two months of 2018, fewer than 1,000 battery electric vehicles were sold in the UK – 34% less than in the same period ... Read More »
- ALD proves PHEVs work for fleets - Almost three quarters of ultra-low emission vehicle registrations last year were plug-in hybrids (PHEVs), according to SMMT data, and awareness and interest among businesses and drivers ... Read More »
- Best new diesels as clean as petrol, finds Emissions Analytics - The best-performing Euro 6 diesel engines emit as little NOx as petrol, while the worst-offending ones pollute worse than some 10-year-old cars. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.