Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Petrol, diesel, electric – 2017 MPG Marathon to settle the great fuel debate - There’s just days to go until this year’s Fleet World/ALD Automotive MPG Marathon eco-driving event gets underway, once more highlighting the benefits of fuel-efficient, economical driving. ... Read More »
- Applegreen stakes claim on fuel card arena with no-fee solution - UK and Ireland forecourt retailer Applegreen has expanded into the fuel card sector with two new solutions founded on a combination of low fuel pricing and ... Read More »
- Dyson to launch electric vehicle by 2020 - British technology company Dyson says it’s started work on a battery electric vehicle due by 2020. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Punishing fleets for diesel use would be counter productive, says BVRLA - Implementing further taxes on diesel vehicles would be “grossly unfair” and could actually force fleet drivers into opting for higher-polluting vehicles under cash allowance schemes. For ... Read More »
- Ogilvie acquires Active Auto Solutions to spearhead rental expansion plans - Ogilvie Group, the parent company of Ogilvie Fleet, has acquired Active Auto Solutions as it pushes ahead with plans to expand its rental presence. For more ... Read More »
- SMH Fleet Solutions owner acquires CD Auction Group - Arctos Holdings, owner of SMH Fleet Solutions and remarketing firm Hudson Kapel, has acquired online auction firm CD Auctions for an undisclosed amount. For more of ... Read More »
- Supermarkets cut fuel prices in fresh pump price war - Asda has sparked a fuel price war which has now seen all of the big four supermarkets commit to cutting prices by up to 2 pence ... Read More »
- TfL refuses to renew Uber licence for London - Transport for London (TfL) is to strip Uber of its licence to operate in the capital after concluding that Uber London Limited “is not fit and ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.