Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Smart signs ALD as digital leasing partner for new-gen electric vehicles - Smart has appointed ALD Automotive as its exclusive digital leasing services partner for its new generation of all-electric vehicles. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Ford Fiesta updated with new styling and next-gen tech - Ford has given its Fiesta supermini a midlife makeover, introducing a bolder new design along with new technologies and a more distinct line-up. For more of ... Read More »
- First Drive: Hyundai Ioniq 5 - The Ioniq 5 impresses with its space and design, find Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Former Nissan fleet director Peter McDonald joins Ohme - Smart charging specialist Ohme has appointed former Nissan fleet director Peter McDonald as director for mobility. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Cazoo snaps up SMH Fleet Solutions on continued acquisition trail - Online car retailer Cazoo has bought SMH Fleet Solutions for around £70m, continuing its spate of acquisitions in line with rapid expansion. For more of the ... Read More »
- Mercedes-Benz EQS electric luxury saloon on sale - Mercedes’ flagship EQS electric saloon is now on sale, priced from £99,995 and introducing advanced technology and a new electric drivetrain. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Six in 10 drivers think smart motorways should be scrapped - The majority (62%) of drivers think that all-lane running (ALR) smart motorway schemes should be scrapped entirely and the hard shoulder reinstated, but with breakdown-detection tech ... Read More »
- 2022 Mazda CX-5 revealed with new styling and enhanced dynamics - Mazda is introducing a refreshed version of its CX-5 SUV, bringing an updated design and grade structure along with enhanced driving dynamics. For more of the ... Read More »
- National insurance increase strengthens EV standing, says Arval - The financial standing of electric vehicles as company cars and their attractiveness in salary sacrifice schemes is to be heightened by the recently confirmed increase in ... Read More »
- InstaVolt pledges to grow network to 10,000 rapid chargers by 2030 - InstaVolt has committed to expanding its UK product offering and pledged to install 10,000 chargers by 2030. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- ‘Dangerous gaps’ in fleet sector’s road to zero, BVRLA reveals - Dangerous gaps have appeared in the fleet market’s road to zero, with some sectors accelerating towards the petrol and diesel phase-out and others stuck at a ... Read More »
- EV chargers to turn off at peak times to protect National Grid - New electric car charging points in homes and workplaces are to automatically switch off in peak times to avoid potential blackouts. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- New Škoda Fabia: Prices and specs revealed - Škoda has revealed prices and specs for the new Fabia hatch, which goes on sale later this month, priced from £14,905. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- ‘Safety-decontented’ company cars to bring risk and RV issues, warns AFP - Fleets are being warned to think carefully before buying new company cars with reduced safety specifications, as the semiconductor shortage rumbles on. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.