Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Plans submitted for West Midlands gigafactory - A planning application for a gigafactory at Coventry Airport has been submitted by joint venture partners, Coventry City Council and Coventry Airport. For more of the ... Read More »
- EU plan to sell 100% zero-emission cars in 2035 will ‘democratise’ EVs - The European Commission’s ‘Fit for 55’ package of climate measures has been widely greeted over its more ambitious targets for the reduction of CO2 emissions, in ... Read More »
- Updated SEAT Ibiza and Arona now open for orders - SEAT’s updated Ibiza supermini and Arona small SUV are now on sale in the UK, introducing refreshed exterior design, bold new interiors and latest connected tech. ... Read More »
- Road Test: Toyota Mirai - Second-generation Mirai saloon proves there’s a future for hydrogen power, thinks Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- UK Transport Decarbonisation Plan: Main points and industry reaction - The Government’s 220-page Transport Decarbonisation Plan is now out, providing a first-ever pathway for the whole transport sector to reach the legal requirement of net zero ... Read More »
- Kia Ceed gets new look and tech upgrades - Kia has updated its Ceed line-up with styling upgrades and latest connectivity and convenience tech. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Industry mourns loss of James Davis - The automotive industry is mourning the loss of James Davis, customer insight director at Cox Automotive, who passed away at the weekend. For more of the ... Read More »
- Record rise in used car prices for Q2 - Used car prices rocketed in the last quarter, hitting new records as dealers became short of stock. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Surge in fleet sal sac schemes on back of low BiK - Employer provision of finance solutions to non-company car drivers has surged in the last year, in particular for salary sacrifice. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- Oxford Zero Emission Zone pilot delayed - The planned pilot of Oxford’s Zero Emission Zone (ZEZ) has been put back from this August after “unforeseen technical issues”. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- Shocking levels of speeding during first lockdown revealed in new stats - More than 50% of cars and vans exceeded the speed limit in towns and on motorways in 2020, as drivers took advantage of the emptier roads ... Read More »
- New Vauxhall Astra gets bold redesign and first-ever plug-in hybrids - Vauxhall’s eight-generation Astra hatchback is to debut plug-in hybrid variants alongside a bold new design and latest onboard tech. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Fleets instrumental in wider shift to clean road transport, global research finds - The majority of buses and light duty fleet vehicles in leading markets could switch to EVs by 2030, cumulatively saving close to the annual emissions of ... Read More »
- Nissan Leaf gets signature EV sound and new tech for MY21 - The MY21 Nissan Leaf is now on sale, bringing new connected vehicle tech and a signature EV sound to alert road users. For more of the ... Read More »
- Ford Mustang Mach-E demonstrates ultra-efficiency in new EV world record - The Ford Mustang Mach-E has broken the world record for electric car efficiency after travelling at an average 6.54 miles per kilowatt hour (kWh) from John ... Read More »
- Call for local authorities to have central role in charging infrastructure design - Local and regional authorities should have greater powers and involvement, including on EV charging infrastructure, to ensure net zero is delivered. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Jeep reveals plug-in hybrid Grand Cherokee 4xe - Jeep has revealed the first images of its Grand Cherokee 4xe plug-in hybrid ahead of its launch at the 2021 New York Motor show. For more of ... Read More »
- New car market to face more significant challenges, predicts Cox Automotive - The new car market is to be hit by further significant challenges over the coming months, on top of the existing semiconductor issues. For more of ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.