Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- RAC joins forces with Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions for EV leasing service - The RAC has launched a new consumer leasing service to make the switch to electric vehicles more affordable. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
- Nissan’s £1bn EV hub to bring new electric crossover and gigafactory at Sunderland - Nissan is to transform its Sunderland plant into a flagship Electric Vehicle Hub that will build its new-generation electric crossover and encompass a new gigafactory. For ... Read More »
- Volvo reveals Concept Recharge electric SUV and future EV tech plans - Volvo has set out its vision for its future all-electric models, including revealing its Concept Recharge and outlining plans to focus on range and fast charging ... Read More »
- Gridserve Electric Highway launches to revolutionise EV charging across UK - Gridserve has launched its Gridserve Electric Highway brand, uniting its various public charging solutions under a single UK-wide entity as it looks to revolutionise the EV ... Read More »
- ‘Unprecedented’ demand for sale and leaseback as fleets restructure for future - The number of businesses looking to sell and lease back their fleets has dramatically increased in 2021 as businesses review options post-pandemic. For more of the ... Read More »
- Renault to revive another icon and cut EV costs under future electric strategy - Renault is to address both the cost and desirability of EVs under its future electric strategy, reviving iconic models and using a new e-powertrain and platform. ... Read More »
- Business use of mobility solutions to double in next three years - Implementation of mobility solutions such as rental, salary sacrifice and car sharing is to roughly double among UK businesses over the next few years, bouncing back ... Read More »
- New BSI accessibility standards to make EV charging inclusive for all - Accessibility standards are to be developed for electric vehicle charge points across the UK to make EV charging inclusive for all. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- New Peugeot 308 on sale now with plug-in hybrid versions - Peugeot’s third-generation 308 is now on sale, priced from £24,000 and including plug-in hybrid versions for the first time. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Bold action needed on gigafactories and charge points to secure UK car sector future - A binding target on UK battery capacity and the deployment of millions of more charge points are needed to ensure the UK automotive sector remains competitive ... Read More »
- UK has only 15% of charge points needed for net zero, Labour analysis finds - The UK has only 15% of the charging points it needs to meet net zero, new analysis published by the Labour Party finds. For more of ... Read More »
- Road Test: Kia Sorento PHEV - Plug-in hybrid version of the Sorento offers more savings and refinement, finds Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
For more of the latest industry news, click here.