Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Government must go electric for fleets and incentivise EVs, say eco advisors - The Government’s eco advisors have called for a range of medium- and long-term commitments by the Government, including on electric vehicles, as they warn that time ... Read More »
- Honda reveals first images of new hybrid-only Civic hatchback - Honda has published the first images of the new Civic hatchback, which launches autumn 2022 in hybrid form only. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Reduction in road casualties in pandemic ‘must not be one-off’ - Fatal and serious collisions in Great Britain dropped by more than a fifth (22%) in 2020 but there have been calls for the reduction during the ... Read More »
- Latest electric vehicle insights in new issue of EV Fleet World Digital - The new issue of EV Fleet World Digital Magazine is now out, providing latest guidance, advice and insights into electric cars and vans. For more of ... Read More »
- Public charging is biggest barrier to EV adoption, say fleets - Almost six in 10 (59%) of fleets not looking to go electric say the lack of public charging infrastructure is the biggest barrier to EV adoption. ... Read More »
- Shift to EVs ‘not enough’, finds IPPR - The Government’s work to decarbonise transport is placing too much emphasis on the shift to electric vehicles without encouraging a shift to clean transport alternatives. For ... Read More »
- Škoda Enyaq iV electric SUV joins blue-light squad - Škoda is making its Enyaq iV electric SUV available to blue-light fleets from July. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Audi to go all-electric for new models from 2026 under EV roadmap - Audi is to go electric-only for all new model launches from 2026 on the back of its plans to go net zero. For more of the ... Read More »
- Landmark case spells setback to grey fleet NIC refund claims - A landmark case earlier this year in favour of HMRC could put an end to current and future fleet claims for NIC relief on business mileage ... Read More »
- Volvo expands XC40 Recharge electric SUV line-up - Volvo has extended the line-up for its XC40 Recharge electric SUV with a choice of three different trims, bringing lower entry-level pricing. For more of the ... Read More »
- New Peugeot 308 SW gets first-ever plug-in hybrid versions - Peugeot is expanding the line-up for its third-generation 308 with the addition of the SW estate model. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Fleets must prepare for next ‘Covid-level’ event, says AFP - Preparing fleet operations for the risk of future ‘Covid-level’ events will become essential to winning new business. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Interview: Connected Kerb on how to tackle the big EV charging issues - Connected Kerb CEO Chris Pateman-Jones speaks to Natalie Middleton about what’s really needed to get the UK’s electric vehicle revolution on track. For more of the ... Read More »
- ‘Unprecedented’ used car price rises to continue into Q3, VRA predicts - The current ‘unprecedented’ increases in used car price are likely to continue into the third quarter of 2021, the Vehicle Remarketing Association (VRA) is predicting. For ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.