Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Daimler to step up pace on shift to electric mobility - Daimler has said it will accelerate its work on shifting to electric mobility as it revealed better-than-expected results for 2020. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- UK pothole repair bill remains over £10bn - The Government is being urged to take a longer-term approach to local road maintenance funding as new research finds the one-off cost of getting local roads ... Read More »
- Advisory electric rate short-changing EV drivers on charging costs - The Government’s current advisory electricity rate (AER) of 4p per mile is leaving many electric vehicle drivers out of pocket on charging costs and needs to ... Read More »
- Volkswagen Taigo compact coupé-SUV due end of 2021 - Volkswagen has previewed its Taigo compact coupé-SUV, which arrives in Europe at the end of the year. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- AFP announces date for next ‘Making the Switch to EVs’ course - The AFP is planning to host further sessions of its dedicated EV training programme on the back of a highly successful first course. For more of ... Read More »
- BMW cuts i3 and i3s pricing to remain grant-eligible - BMW has cut the prices for the i3 and i3s to ensure that customers can continue to benefit from the Plug-in Car Grant (PiCG). For more ... Read More »
- Kia EV6 electric crossover to boast 316-mile range - Kia has revealed details of its EV6 electric crossover, which will offer a 316-mile (510km) range and 800V ultra-fast charging. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- UK fleet sector has greatest potential to adopt EVs in Europe - The UK has the greatest potential to go electric in Europe, with more than two-thirds of business cars and light commercial vehicles able to be switched ... Read More »
- AFP to launch Tax Manifesto at new webinar - A new document outlining to the Government where fleet and mobility taxation needs overhauling is to launch at a webinar next month. For more of the ... Read More »
- Q&A: Adam Hall, head of electric vehicles at Drax, on the EV revolution - Adam Hall, head of electric vehicles at Drax, speaks to Fleet World about its work to help fleets electrify, its 2021 ambitions. For more of the ... Read More »
- Government pledges over £30m for EV battery development and hydrogen vehicles - Projects to support electric vehicle battery development and hydrogen vehicles in the UK are to get off the ground with the help of multi-million pound government ... Read More »
- Amazon Web Services and ABB to develop real-time EV fleet management platform - Amazon Web Services (AWS) has teamed up with global tech firm ABB to develop a new cloud-based digital solution for the real-time fleet management of electric ... Read More »
- Athlon UK appoints Martin Phillips as chief operations officer - Martin Phillips has joined the board at Athlon UK as chief operations officer. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Saint-Gobain UK & Ireland pledges electric and hybrid fleet by 2024 - Saint-Gobain UK & Ireland has pledged to move its entire car fleet to electric and hybrid vehicles by the end of 2023. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.