Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- 2021 Fleet World Great British Fleet Awards open for entries - Fleet managers and suppliers are invited to enter for the 2021 Fleet World Great British Fleet Awards – including new electric vehicle categories – which will ... Read More »
- Daimler to rename as Mercedes-Benz after spin-off of truck business - Daimler is planning to split into two separate companies for cars and trucks in a “profound reshaping of the business” to enable their increasingly divergent work. ... Read More »
- BigChange sells majority stake to fuel expansion - BigChange has sold a majority stake in the company to Boston-based growth investment firm Great Hill Partners, enabling it to push ahead with future expansion plans. ... Read More »
- UK car sales plummet 40% in lockdown - The UK’s new car sector has recorded its worst start to a year since 1970; a direct result of the lockdown, despite the advent of click ... Read More »
- DS 4 premium hatch brings fight to 1 Series and A3 - DS Automobiles has revealed its brand-new DS 4 premium hatchback, due November 2021 and rivalling the Audi A3 and BMW 1 Series. For more of the ... Read More »
- Chancellor urged not to hike fuel duty as pump prices rise - The chancellor is being urged to resist any move to end the fuel duty freeze in next month’s Budget as new data shows fuel prices remain ... Read More »
- Road Test: Polestar 2 - Stylish with impressive range, the Polestar 2 has the ‘want’ factor, according to Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Kia to recall Sorento models in UK - Kia has announced a recall of around 1,000 Sorento cars in the UK for an update to the eCall system. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- Arval Group launches new mobility services in Europe - Arval has introduced a set of new mobility services, said to represent an industry-first and spearheading its plans to be a leader in sustainable mobility. For ... Read More »
- Government puts extra £20m into charge points - The Government is investing an extra £20m into funding available for local authorities to deploy much-needed on-street charge points. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Fall in used car values is direct result of lockdown, says Cap HPI - Values for three-year-old cars fell 1.4% during January; an anomaly that was the direct result of the pandemic, according to Cap HPI. For more of the ... Read More »
- Commercial fleet activity high in second and third lockdowns - Commercial fleet activity has remained high in the second and third lockdowns, thanks to businesses successfully adapting to new ways of working. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.