Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Volkswagen ID.4 electric SUV goes on sale - Volkswagen has opened orders for the ID.4; its first fully electric SUV and its first global EV. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- UK road deaths down significantly due to lockdown - New figures show a significant reduction in UK road deaths and casualties as a direct result of the fall in traffic during lockdown conditions. For more ... Read More »
- Arval to provide leasing options for YesAuto online sales platform - Arval has signed a deal to provide leasing options for new and used car platform YesAuto. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Potential ‘explosion’ in grey fleet on cards - The grey fleet sector could see an “explosion” over the coming year as increasing numbers of people turn away from public transport. For more of the ... Read More »
- First Drive: Mazda MX-30 - Quirky, but the MX-30 is great to drive, well-equipped and affordable, says Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Birmingham Clean Air Zone on schedule for June 2021 start date - Birmingham City Council is pushing ahead with plans to start its charging Clean Air Zone from 1 June 2021 and has started to install ANPR cameras ... Read More »
- Beware growing impact of pandemic on driver mental health, fleets urged - Fleets need to be aware of the growing impact of the pandemic on mental health and any subsequent safety risks to drivers. For more of the ... Read More »
- First Drive: Toyota RAV4 Plug-in - The flagship RAV4 model is now a plug-in hybrid. Martyn Collins finds the result expensive but likeable. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Webfleet Solutions and Lytx develop video-based telematics solution - A new integrated video and telematics solution is now on offer, bringing a best-of-both-worlds approach to fleet management. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
- Nissan switches EV battery production to UK - Nissan has confirmed it’s now planning to bring production of all batteries for its Leaf EV to the UK, helping to avoid EU tariffs. For more ... Read More »
- Lower drink-drive limit and increase enforcement, government told - The UK’s system to prevent drink-driving is no longer adequate and needs a major review – including a lower limit and improved enforcement. For more of ... Read More »
- Road Test: Volkswagen ID.3 - Martyn Collins asks whether the ID.3 is the car to bring electric motoring to the masses? For more of the latest industry news, click here.
For more of the latest industry news, click here.