Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Ping’s mission to eradicate distracted driving - It’s the noise your phone might bug you with when an alert comes in while driving – but the word Ping is also rather handily now ... Read More »
- Interview: Athlon UK MD Patricia Wolfe talks business mobility plans - Athlon UK managing director Patricia Wolfe talks to Martyn Collins about the firm’s major rebrand and its ambitious plans for business mobility solutions. For more of ... Read More »
- Geotab ties up with Mercedes-Benz on installation-free telematics - Geotab has signed a deal that will enable Mercedes-Benz car and van customers to get in-depth telematics insights without the need for additional hardware or after-market ... Read More »
- Volkswagen ID.3 electric hatch priced from under £30k - Volkswagen has revealed details of pricing and specs for its ID.3 electric hatch range, which starts from under £30k (incl. PiCG). For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Leeds Clean Air Zone ‘no longer required’ - Leeds City Council has abandoned plans for a charging Clean Air Zone as a result of a “dramatic shift” by businesses to cleaner vehicles. For more ... Read More »
- First Drive: Lexus UX 300e - Signifying the first full-EV Lexus, does the UX hit the sweet spot, asks Jonathan Musk? For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Covid to increase requirements for company cars, say large fleets - The coronavirus pandemic and a possible second wave will actually increase demand for company cars to help ensure continuity of service, including during a possible second ... Read More »
- All systems go as Daimler Fleet Management UK becomes Athlon - Daimler Fleet Management UK Ltd has rebranded to Athlon UK, reinforcing its focus on multi-marque fleet and mobility solutions. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Mitie hits 20% electric vehicle target three months early - Mitie has deployed its 750th electric vehicle – beating its target of having 20% of its light vehicle fleet switched to electric some three months early. ... Read More »
- Police Scotland advances plans for ULEV fleet with Kona Electric order - Police Scotland is deploying 180 Hyundai Kona Electrics SUVs; part of work to create the first blue light, ultra-low emission vehicle fleet in the UK. For ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.