Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Škoda’s first-ever mild hybrid joins Octavia line-up - Škoda is launching its first-ever mild hybrid, which debuts on the new fourth-generation Octavia to bring increased petrol engine efficiency. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- Fleet managers getting penalty points for employee driving offences - Fleet managers – and anyone else responsible for fleets – are being warned of the risk of incurring penalty points for employee driving offences under little-known ... Read More »
- Company car still vital tool for business, says AFP - Reports that the company car is in potential decline have been negated by the Association of Fleet Professionals (AFP) as it highlights that the fleet sector ... Read More »
- BMW reveals pricing and specs for iX3 electric SUV - BMW has opened pre-orders for its iX3 electric SUV, which will arrive next summer priced from £61,900. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Suzuki reveals Swace hybrid estate - Suzuki is launching a new hybrid estate car in Europe, dubbed Swace and targeted at both fleet and private buyers. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- Fleet Logistics creates Global Mobility Solutions business - Fleet Logistics has created a new Global Mobility Solutions unit to support fleet customers with key issues covering cost, sustainability and electrification, and corporate mobility in ... Read More »
- Updated Jaguar F-Pace gains 49g/km plug-in hybrid - Jaguar’s updated F-Pace is now available to order, introducing a new plug-in hybrid alongside mild-hybrid petrols and diesels and latest connectivity features. For more of the ... Read More »
- Project EDWARD gets underway to drive fleet road safety - The Project EDWARD road safety campaign is now live for 2020, bringing a full week of activities to help reduce work-related road risk. For more of ... Read More »
- Killer drivers to get life sentences under ‘long overdue’ reforms - Life sentences for killer drivers will finally be introduced to parliament next year; a near four-year wait after a previous pledge from the Ministry of Justice. ... Read More »
- Motorway speed limit to be cut to 60mph in four trial areas - Highways England is slashing the speed limit to 60mph on four stretches of motorway under a trial to assess the effects on air pollution. For more ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.