Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Greater Manchester pushes Clean Air Zone back to 2022 - Greater Manchester has delayed plans for a Clean Air Zone in the region for a further year as local leaders also call for a multi-million-pound funding ... Read More »
- Toyota to restart production at Burnaston - Toyota is to restart work at its Burnaston plant next Tuesday 26 May; one of a number of carmakers resuming operations in the UK. For more ... Read More »
- Jason Chamberlain appointed new sales director at Rivus - Rivus Fleet Solutions has appointed Jason Chamberlain as its new sales director. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Remarketing set for ‘paradigm shift’ to online as lockdown measures ease - The way defleeted cars are remarketed is undergoing a paradigm shift from physical auctions to online as Covid-19 lockdown measures are eased and wholesale activities recommence. ... Read More »
- Euro NCAP safety rating overhaul is biggest change in a decade - Euro NCAP is introducing new safety tests – heralded as the “the biggest change to Euro NCAP’s impact testing protocols in a decade”. For more of ... Read More »
- Europe central to Kia plans for EV sales growth - Kia has outlined further details of its electric vehicle strategy, which will see many of its forthcoming EVs launch in Europe. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Fleets still in the dark on 0% BiK for electric vehicles - Fleet take-up of electric vehicle is fast-accelerating but awareness of the 0% Benefit-in-Kind on EVs is worryingly low. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
- Business case for electric vehicles reinforced by new tool - Fleets looking to electrify their vehicles can now use a new tool from Samsara to help inform their business case and provide solid grounds for a ... Read More »
- Rise in fleet driver speeding revealed as police clampdown starts - Fleet and commercial drivers are among the main culprits of the increased levels of speeding seen during lockdown, leading to increased calls for businesses to take ... Read More »
- Surge in EV leasing counters WLTP impact on average emissions - Average new lease car emissions fell to 113g/km at the end of 2019 – the lowest level since Q3 2018 – after a surge in battery ... Read More »
- Coronavirus likely to drive grey fleet use and impact mobility take-up - The threat of coronavirus is likely to have a “fundamental” effect on the rate of adoption of mobility solutions by fleets while increasing grey fleet use, ... Read More »
- Timing not right to reintroduce charges in London, says BVRLA - The Mayor of London’s move to reintroduce road user charges from today (Monday 18 May) has come under fire from the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.