Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Practical, joined-up support essential for EV take-up, finds Nottingham ULEV Experience - Practical – and critically, strategically-planned and joined-up – support is needed to help businesses make the shift to ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEVs) in the face of ... Read More »
- Fleets to offer company car and personal leasing schemes in parallel, says Grosvenor - Personal contract hire will become increasingly important to companies in the future, leading fleets to offer both company car and personal leasing schemes side by side. ... Read More »
- New vehicle telematics framework agreement goes live - Crown Commercial Service has gone live with a new vehicle telematics framework agreement to help the public sector improve the safety and efficiency of its fleet ... Read More »
- UK car production slumps 38% in coronavirus lockdown - Output at UK car plants fell 37.6% in March as a result of the lockdown, costing the sector and economy billions for each week of shutdown. ... Read More »
- Toyota reveals pricing for rugged Corolla Trek estate - Toyota has announced details of its new Corolla Trek estate, which is now available to order. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Deadline for Vehicle Excise Duty consultation extended - The Government has extended the deadline for its consultation on Vehicle Excise Duty, intended to help drive lower-emission vehicle take-up. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- 98% of fleets plan to electrify in next five years - A huge surge in the adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles is on the way among fleets, with the vast majority (98%) looking to electrify vehicles ... Read More »
- Fears of MOT testing overload following six-month extension - The UK’s MOT testing system could become overloaded later this year once the country comes out of lockdown from the current coronavirus crisis – adding to ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.