Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Road pricing debate needed to avoid ‘looming fiscal black hole’, says MPs - MPs on the Transport Committee have called for a national debate on road pricing, ahead of a formal inquiry due in 2020, as they highlight the ... Read More »
- Toyota to acquire Inchcape Fleet Solutions - Toyota Fleet Mobility (TFM) is to acquire Inchcape’s fleet management and leasing subsidiary, Inchcape Fleet Solutions (IFS) for £100m as it looks to expand further in ... Read More »
- New brand Moblyx launches to bring mobile apps for fleet and mobility customers - Fleet and mobility customers are being targeted with two new apps that could streamline their operations. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- An electrifying opportunity: The future for fleet EV take-up - Jonathan Musk looks at why recent legislative changes to how electric vehicles are taxed will be the tipping point for their acceptance and should encourage fleet ... Read More »
- MG to drive fleet presence under new national fleet sales manager role - Geraint Isaac has joined MG in the newly created position of national fleet sales manager as the carmaker looks to grow its fleet presence. For more ... Read More »
- Case Study: How one NHS Trust’s dedication to reduce its carbon footprint paid off - Ensuring that patients, visitors and staff travel safely and sustainably to hospitals is no mean feat but that’s exactly what University Hospitals of Derby and Burton ... Read More »
- Government bid to raise motorway speed limit causes controversy - The UK speed limit could be raised to 80mph on motorways and dual carriageways following drivers’ switch to EVs – but road safety organisations are already ... Read More »
- Tougher action on idling drivers backed by motorists - The majority of motorists would back increased clampdowns on idling drivers, with almost half supportive of fines being implemented. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.