Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Company car demand to spike in 2020/21 as low tax rates kick in - The 2020/21 introduction of lower Benefit-in-Kind tax rates for plug-in vehicles will see company car demand spike – but future uptake depends on government policy going ... Read More »
- First Ionity 350kW charging station launches in UK - The manufacturer-backed Ionity network has launched its first fast charging station in the UK – with other stations to follow swiftly. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Audi Q5 to get 49g/km plug-in hybrid model - Audi is adding a plug-in hybrid model to the Q5 line-up to spearhead a new range of PHEV models. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Getting the strategy right: Ashley Andrew on Hyundai’s fleet plans - Four months after his promotion to Hyundai UK managing director, Ashley Andrew talks fleet with Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport gets extensive mid-life upgrades - Land Rover has revealed a heavily revised version of its fleet favourite – the Discovery Sport – which gets a new mild hybrid engine line-up – ... Read More »
- Ford to cut global workforce by 10% - Ford has confirmed it’s cutting about 7,000 salaried positions or about 10% of its global salaried workforce under a major restructure. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- JLR posts record £3.6bn loss - Jaguar Land Rover has reported a record £3.6bn loss as it continues to fight falling sales in China and declining diesel demand. For more of the ... Read More »
- UK reservations open for Honda e electric supermini - The Honda e electric supermini is now available to order in the UK ahead of first deliveries from spring 2020. For more of the latest industry ... Read More »
- Dangerous drivers escaping justice, warns new report - Dangerous driving prosecutions are being hampered by funding cuts and charging inconsistencies, leading to drivers escaping justice. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Driving for Better Business ramps up focus on private sector - The government-backed Driving for Better Business campaign is putting greater emphasis on the private sector as it looks to ensure greater awareness and collaboration on road ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.