Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Cameras to enforce motorway red X signs from June - Cameras are to start enforcing ‘red X’ lane closure warnings from 10 June – with drivers ignoring the signs to get a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) ... Read More »
- Michelin to acquire Masternaut - Michelin is to acquire European telematics specialist Masternaut for an undisclosed amount as part of its ongoing expansion into the telematics sector. For more of the ... Read More »
- Fleets urged to have say on Greater Manchester Clean Air Zone plans - Businesses operating in Greater Manchester are being asked to provide input on proposals to tackle air quality – including on plans for a charging Clean Air ... Read More »
- Vehicle breakdowns hitting SME productivity - Small businesses are risking hours of lost productivity by failing to protect against unexpected breakdowns. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Idling drivers could get instant fines - Drivers who repeatedly leave engines idling while stationary could get fines under new proposals said to under consideration by the Government. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- New Audi A4 to gain ‘mild hybrid’ diesels - Audi’s heavily updated A4 line-up will offer richer connectivity and new ‘mild hybrid’ petrol and diesel engines, the carmaker has confirmed, with ordering due to start ... Read More »
- Honda confirms Swindon plant closure in 2021 - Honda has confirmed its Swindon manufacturing facility – where 3,500 employees build the Civic and certain engine lines – will close, following plans made in February. ... Read More »
- Zero to hero: How electric bikes are pioneering the EV market - Electric bikes may pave the path to your next electric vehicle, whether it’s on two or four wheels, finds Jonathan Musk. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- First Drive: Volvo S60 T5 R-Design Edition - Martyn Collins reckons there’s much more to the all-new S60 than just being the saloon version of the V60. For more of the latest industry news, ... Read More »
- Grandland X introduces Vauxhall’s first-ever plug-in hybrid - Vauxhall’s Grandland X SUV has gained a new plug-in hybrid variant, marking the first-ever PHEV for the brand and a vital part of its electrification plans. ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.