Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Move petrol and diesel car ban to 2030, say Government’s eco advisors - The Government’s 2040 target of ending sales of new petrol and diesel cars/vans is too late to tackle climate change and should be moved to 2030, ... Read More »
- Road Test: SEAT Tarraco 2.0 TDI 190 Excellence - Tarraco follows a common path, but Martyn Collins reckons this SEAT has plenty to offer fleet buyers. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- UK ordering now open for Tesla Model 3 - The right-hand drive Tesla Model 3 configurator has opened with the full range of options, including rear- and all-wheel drive variants and ranges. For more of ... Read More »
- Road Test: Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.0D 240hp AWD R-Sport - The XF Sportbrake is the perfect blend of prestige, performance and space, discovers Jonathan Musk. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- PACTS calls for penalty points for flouting seat belt law - The Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety (PACTS) is calling for the introduction of harsher penalties for those flouting the seat belt law as research shows ... Read More »
- RAC to rescue stranded electric cars using new EV Boost charger - The RAC is rolling out a new lightweight EV charger that could be used to deliver a ‘top-up’ roadside charge for stranded electric vehicles. For more of ... Read More »
- Road Test: Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Monte Carlo - Sportiest trim shows there’s still plenty of life in Škoda’s supermini, thinks Martyn Collins. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- More than 11,000 drivers with 12-plus penalty points still on UK roads - The DVLA and UK courts are being urged to take action on the 11,000-plus drivers who still hold licences despite having 12 or more points. For ... Read More »
- Road Test: Volvo XC40 D3 & T3 - Do the new petrol and diesel engines added to the XC40 range make a difference, asks Jonathan Musk. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
- JLR considers offer on Addison Lee - Jaguar Land Rover is believed to be weighing up an offer on a majority stake in Addison Lee as it looks to expand its mobility offering. ... Read More »
- Per-mile road user charging would be win-win for London, says think tank - Replacing London’s current ‘patchwork’ system of road charges with a single, per-mile road user charging scheme could cut pollution by up to a fifth while bringing ... Read More »
- ‘PumpWatch’ code could bring fairer fuel pricing for drivers - The Treasury has agreed to look at a voluntary ‘PumpWatch’ code that could make fuel pricing more transparent and fairer for drivers. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.