Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- First Drive: Toyota Camry - Reintroduced after a 15-year absence, the Camry takes over where the Avensis left off, finds Jonathan Musk. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Ford partners with Rivian to develop new electric vehicle - Ford is to invest $500m (£387m / €448m) in US electric vehicle start-up Rivian in a deal that will also see the two firms work together ... Read More »
- UK fleets invited to sign up to vehicle-to-grid trials - Fleets from across the UK are being invited to sign up to a new project that will test the viability of vehicle-to-grid technology as a means ... Read More »
- RDE2-compliant Range Rover Evoque to escape 4% BiK surcharge - The Range Rover Evoque has become the first luxury compact SUV to meet RDE2 standards – ensuring that it avoids the 4% BiK surcharge. For more ... Read More »
- £232m Drivy acquisition to create global car sharing leader - US car sharing giant Getaround has acquired European car sharing platform Drivy for $300m (£232m / 268m euros) in a move said to create the world’s ... Read More »
- Brecon Beacons National Park Authority uses solar energy to power expanding EV fleet - Brecon Beacons National Park Authority has reported significant energy savings from new solar panels deployed as part of its ambition to become energy positive. For more ... Read More »
- Bill Plant Driving School switches to all-Volkswagen fleet - Bill Plant Driving School has awarded a sole supply deal to Volkswagen, switching its fleet exclusively to T-Roc and Golf models. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- Road Test: Honda CR-V Hybrid 2WD - Honda’s fifth-gen CR-V has ditched diesel to turn to hybrid power. Martyn Collins puts its performance to the test. For more of the latest industry news, click ... Read More »
- Spotlight: Jaguar XE - With a segment-first RDE2-compliant diesel engine and significant step up in interior quality, the updated Jaguar XE is renewing its focus on fleets. By Alex Grant. For ... Read More »
- Refreshed Mini Clubman drops fleet-orientated City model - Mini has taken the wraps off the new Clubman at Auto Shanghai 2019, which sees revised styling and options, but drops the fleet-focused City trim from ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.