Fleet World’s five-minute industry briefing: This week’s top stories
This week’s top fleet industry stories…
- Enterprise set to buy SHB Hire - Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK has signed an agreement to acquire commercial vehicle rental specialist, SHB Hire. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Pendragon appeal sees ‘common sense prevail’ on ex-fleet use vehicles - A court appeal that has overturned a previous Pendragon Motor Group conviction on a supposedly misleading used car advert could spell an end to “irrational prejudice ... Read More »
- Total cost of disposal is ‘missing piece in running costs equation’ - Fleets and leasing companies are being urged to factor in total cost of disposal (TCD) as part of their total cost of ownership calculations to get ... Read More »
- Seat electric car offensive to bring VW Group platform for ‘affordable’ EVs - Seat is to take the lead on developing a new platform for small, affordable EVs for the Volkswagen Group as part of a new electric cars ... Read More »
- Mandatory car tech will save lives but education and confidence is key - Plans to mandate advanced safety systems, including autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and intelligent speed limiters, on all new cars from 2022 will bring significant improvements for ... Read More »
- FCA developing plug-in services for fleets - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is developing a suite of services to support its forthcoming plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, while aiming to offer fleets total cost ... Read More »
- Road Test: Peugeot 508 GT 225 - The majority of 508s will be diesel-powered but Martyn Collins finds out if the range-topping petrol is also worth a look. For more of the latest ... Read More »
- First UK Drive: Hyundai Nexo - Spearheading Hyundai’s hydrogen plans, the Nexo aims to make hydrogen conventional, finds Jonathan Musk. For more of the latest industry news, click here.
- Ford to drive car and van efficiency with mild hybrid tech - Ford is to launch 48-volt mild hybrid Fiesta and Focus models next year as part of wider plans for range electrification that will take in vans ... Read More »
- Potholes repair bill hits £10bn - Eliminating the pothole backlog in England and Wales would cost £9.8bn and take a decade to complete despite increased local roads investment. For more of the ... Read More »
For more of the latest industry news, click here.