FIAG to run workshop on critical role of suppliers in supporting fleets
‘The Role of the Supplier in Supporting the Fleet Manager’ workshop is being sponsored by Enterprise Rent-A-Car and will be held at the company’s Training Centre, Integra House, Vicarage Road, Egham, Surrey TW20 9FB. The event commences at 9.45am and concludes at 3.30pm.
The event will provide workshop delegates with an opportunity to quiz each other and the founding members of FIAG, which was launched 12 months ago, on key fleet supplier-related issues in a series of round table sessions.
FIAG was launched last year by industry veteran Geoffrey Bray and a team of highly experienced professional fleet managers who collectively have around 200 years’ experience in running vehicle operations.
At next month’s spring workshop FIAG founding members will host a number of delegate groups that will discuss particular questions or subjects on the issue of supplier support and they will then report back their best practice conclusions and discuss them with all delegates.
Topics under discussion will include:
- How often supplier relationships should be reviewed and who should conduct the reviews?
- Measuring and monitoring supplier contracts
- How to avoid ‘cosy’ relationships with suppliers
- Cartels – are they an issue and are they a concern?
- Outsourcing and who ‘owns’ the relationship and who ‘owns’ the fleet data
- Should innovation and the sharing of ideas be a key part of a supplier’s contract?
- Is the ‘perfect’ supplier partner achievable?
- Key issues to consider when tendering to ensure the ‘right’ supplier is appointed.
Bray said: “The key to running an efficient and cost-effective fleet is to build long lasting relationships based on mutual trust. Too often fleet decision-makers go out to tender but are not entirely sure what they require from potential suppliers.
“Consequently, the wrong decisions could be made and suppliers appointed that may not be able to deliver. That is usually because fleet decision-makers are too vague and not specific in what is required.
“Successful supply chain management is all about working hand-in-hand to reduce costs and promote best practice.”
The workshop is open to FIAG members and fleet decision-makers interested in joining the organisation. The workshop is free and places can be booked via the FIAG website at www.fiag.co.uk. Annual FIAG membership is currently available at a cost of £350. Further information is available by email: [email protected].