Countdown to Low Carbon Champions Awards 2016 begins
The Champions Awards celebrate organisations that have made a real difference in the area of low carbon road transport. There are seven Award categories, ranging from cars to innovation and fuels, plus two special awards. Nominations open on 11 April and the winners will be announced at a gala dinner that will take place alongside Cenex’s Low Carbon Vehicle Event (Cenex-LCV) on Wednesday 14 September 2016.
The Award categories are:
- Low Carbon Car/Van Manufacturer of the Year
- Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year
- Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year
- Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
- Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME
- Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year
- Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
- Special Awards include:
- Outstanding Individual in Promoting Lower Carbon Transport
- Grand Prix Award ('winner-of-winners'): Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport 2015–16
The LowCVP Awards winners will be assessed by a panel of expert judges drawn from the LowCVP’s wide range of stakeholder organisations.
Andy Eastlake, the LowCVP’s managing director, said: “I agree with Oliver Letwin (Head of Government Policy in the Cabinet Office) that low emission vehicles and fuels represent a colossal opportunity for British industry. Last December’s Paris agreement has helped to confirm that we’re in the early stages of a new industrial revolution as some extraordinary technological developments begin to be incorporated into mainstream products.
“The LowCVP Low Carbon Champions Awards celebrate organisations that are in the vanguard of this revolutionary change.”
Full details and downloadable entry forms for the LowCVP Awards 2016 are available at: www.lowcvp.org.uk/initiatives/lowcarbonchampions/index