Chevrolet among first car brands to offer Siri eyes free integration
Siri Eyes Free can be used by iPhone users to perform a number of tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel.
‘We are excited about the fact that Chevrolet will be one of the first car brands to offer Siri Eyes Free integration in Europe,’ said Susan Docherty, president and managing director, Chevrolet and Cadillac Europe. ‘Safe, easy, reliable and portable connectivity is a top priority for our customers, and Siri complements MyLink's existing capabilities to help deliver an incredible driving experience.’
The technology will available to drivers of Aveo and Cruze vehicles equipped with MyLink technology from spring this year and will enable them to:
- Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to contacts on their iPhone
- Play songs in their iTunes libraries, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM radio to iPod mode
- Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
- Access calendar and add appointments
- Minimise distraction even more by keeping the screen of the iPhone from lighting up even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays.
Chevrolet will also offer current Aveo or Cruze drivers with the Chevrolet MyLink connected radio an optional upgrade to Siri capability in the coming months.
In addition, the new Trax small SUV will also be offered with the MyLink connected radio and Siri upon launch later this spring.