ACFO freezes membership rates again
Membership secretary Stewart Whyte explained the reasons for the decision: 'The internal budget decisions we made 18 months/two years ago have contained our costs, and sent a clear signal to the market that we want to continue to offer high levels of support to fleet operators. Continuing high renewal levels and support from sponsors have kept our finances in a reasonably healthy state. We have therefore recognised the sense in extending the current membership fees structure for a fourth year.'
To facilitate fleet decision-makers joining part-way through 2011, the subscription rates for full membership varies by quarter. The pro-rata rates are: April to June £127.50 + VAT, July to September £85 + VAT and October to December 2012 £195.50 + VAT.
Mr Whyte said that the organisation believes the membership fee represents good value for money, commenting: 'Joining ACFO is a great investment for any organisation using cars or vans in the everyday course of their business, because we offer so much to help fleets and the individual employees who run them.
'Existing members – over 700, who are collectively responsible for over 450,000 vehicles in the UK fleet market – know that ACFO membership provides significant benefits through its activities and opportunities. A high proportion have been involved over many years partly because there are always new challenges that ACFO addresses on behalf of the whole membership.
'However, in many organisations fleet responsibility now resides within HR, finance or procurement departments – and often on a part-time basis with many other departmental priorities. We hope employees in these areas who are now taking vehicle-related decisions will see the tremendous value in joining ACFO as we continue to seek to widen the scope of the organisation, which is hugely influential with Government departments, vehicle manufacturers and fleet suppliers.'
Key benefits of ACFO membership to individual fleets include:
* Full access to all the resources of the ACFO Secretariat and ACFO website – www.acfo.org
* Immediate access to a wealth of best practice expertise on a range of key issues including occupational road risk management, reducing CO2 emissions and funding options
* Networking opportunities at a free annual national conference with world-class and highly topical presentations on key fleet topics
* Opportunities to attend four regional meetings a year to hear presentations on key issues and network with a wide range of people facing the same types of fleet issues in their organisations
* Access to best practice techniques and guides about controlling costs and other aspects of fleet management
* Opportunities to see and study different approaches that work in other fleets
* On-line access to fleet best practice templates, outline policies and other documents
* A free weekly NewsFeed featuring a digest of current industry updates, e-mailed directly to your mailbox
* Advance notice of many tax issues and transport-related regulations as a result of ACFO's direct relationships with a wide range of Government ministers and departments including HM Revenue & Customs, HM Treasury, Department for Transport and DVLA
* Opportunities to have your own burning issues raised at ACFO meetings and nationally through ACFO's board of directors.
Mr Whyte concluded: 'We will continue to provide the greatest opportunities for fleets to extend best practice ideas in all areas of their fleet and business travel management and operation. All of these make for better results for greener fleets, improved on-road safety and, crucially, lower vehicle operating costs.'